If you can prove to a UK bank that you can afford it, then yes.

A Chinese individual can only buy one home for their own personal use, but can also purchase one additional home as an investment.

If you are looking to buy a property in the UK please do not hesitate to contact us for advice and assistance on buying a flat or house using your foreign income.

You can buy a home in the UK with foreign income, but if you’re looking to get a mortgage for this purpose you must prove that your income can cover the monthly repayments.

You can do this by providing bank statements and payslips, showing that you receive enough income from abroad.

Some people decide to invest in property through a corporation they own: while this company can buy one additional home as an investment, it can only purchase a residential property not used as a primary residence.

Such properties should be rented out or used to accommodate friends and family visiting from overseas.

It is forbidden under Chinese law for any individual to hold more than two properties – either purchased outright or mortgaged -for their personal use at any one time.

Some UK banks can lend money to people who can’t prove that they can financially sustain mortgage repayments.

This is called a “non-status loan”. To qualify, the applicant must be able to show that they have substantial income from abroad and can afford to pay interest as well as repay the capital on top of their normal bills.

As with all lending, the final decision rests with your bank’s mortgage offeror: if you can provide suitable documentation for this type of finance, then there shouldn’t be any issues.

After being in the UK for six months, you can start to look for a property through an estate agent.

Be aware that some lenders may require you to get a mortgage within three months of living there – so don’t leave your search too long! The cost can vary depending on the area and prices are typically higher than in China.

When buying a home in the UK, it’s very important to get professional legal advice about contracts and searches.

This is what will protect you, rather than relying on potentially inaccurate information from people or websites based outside England & Wales.

When purchasing abroad, you can either pay in pounds or foreign currency.

The latter can be difficult for UK banks to work out how much money has been transferred – so if possible, pay in sterling.

If you can’t afford to get a mortgage until you’ve lived here for six months, there’s no problem about buying property before then; it’s just that lenders may need proof of your income to cover repayments after that point.

Please note: we do not work directly with any banking or financial institutions and cannot give loan advice or recommend which bank might be best for your needs. Our aim is simply to help people answer questions on property purchases and financing.